Tuesday 17 April 2012

Easter 3: The Layered Skirt



There are 6 different colour fabrics which I need to use for the skirt, 
so why not prepare 6 threads to match completely?






Luckily, I only had one change for the Layered Skirt that the waist belt need to change to elastic one. To be honest, I was thinking that it would be better than a normal flat waist belt, but I thought it does not looks 'Couture nor RTW', so I did not do it for my toile.



First, I made the basement exactly same as I did for the toile.


Attach the 2 panels with wrapped seam which I have done a lot for the Hood Top.


These are the front and back side. They are same except the centre back has a line.


Then it started endless hand sewing.
Because it is very spontaneous silhouette, I have to work on stand to see the balance of shape.
It does not have any marks where I should to put which piece of fabrics on. It is totally it depends on my sense. So the approach to this work is completely different from other four garments. Only the similarity is I need to do same thing for a long time.


Add nets underneath of layered fabrics to make much volume but lighter.


In the middle of the way. keep going!

 
I used about 9m of mixed fabrics. It must be heavy.


It is an endless work, so I have to stop when I thought it has done.


Then lastly, I replaced the waist part to the actual fabric (suede) one. Because the skirt becomes heavier, I did not want to let the suede to hold until the long time work finish. Because it might get loose or fray edges for being pulled for all the time.


Replacement is  also done by hand sewing because it is too thick and heavy for sewing machine and fine back stitching can hold the heavy part as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment